Top Edge Training believes that inclusion is key and diversity should be welcomed. This approach is reflected in our approach to training, when the importance for all learners to access the same learning opportunity is prioritised.
Scope & Objective
Top Edge Training aims to provide examples of good management and fair practice in the provision of its training, services, promotion, recruitment and development of individuals.
Top Edge Training aims to ensure that individuals are treated fairly at all times, that peoples’ diversity is viewed positively and, in recognising that everyone is different, the unique contribution which individual experience, knowledge and skills can make is valued equally.
The scope of equal opportunities extends to all areas of Top Edge Training’s operations and in particular to the following:
a) Training Course Delivery
b) Advice and Support Service Delivery
c) Application of Policies and Procedures
d) Customer Service
e) Recruitment and selection
f) Terms and conditions of employment
g) Training and development
h) Working environment
The scope also extends to ensuring against discriminatory attitudes amongst all employees and discriminatory practices (direct or indirect).
1. The aim of this policy is to ensure that no person working or seeking employment with Top Edge Training, attending its training courses or using its services is disadvantaged by any conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be necessary or receives less favourable treatment than others on the grounds of the following:
Age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation.
2. Top Edge Training commits itself to promote and develop equal opportunities and will keep its policies, procedures and practices under review to ensure that they accord with the principles and spirit of equal opportunities and are consistently applied.
3. Top Edge Training recognises that discrimination is unacceptable and therefore seeks to create a positive environment in which all learners are encouraged to fulfil their potential on the grounds of performance and ability, with equal access to opportunities to all.
4. Top Edge Training is committed to building a team of tutors and other staff and associates who are valued and whose diversity reflects the learners and customers they serve, enabling them to deliver the best possible service to those people.
5. Top Edge Training is committed to providing services that, as far as is reasonably practical, are accessible, sensitive and appropriate for the needs of all customers.
6. It is the aim of Top Edge Training to ensure that there is no unlawful discrimination, whether direct, indirect or by way of victimisation, against its customers, existing or new employees.
7. This policy and procedure applies, and must be adhered to, by all employees of Top Edge Training, irrespective of their position or the status and type of their employment.